Thursday, August 22, 2013

Final Tables - This Is What I Play For

My body was aching all day at work yesterday.  My back felt scrunched and all of my joints felt swollen and irritated.  By the time I got home all I wanted to do was kick back the recliner and not move.

That's not what happened however.  Instead I played with the baby until my wife got home.  Then we sat around playing on iphones for a little bit while the baby crawled back and forth between us.  After an hour of relaxing on the couch I got up to grill some pork steaks.

After supper I hit the recliner and found a few tournaments to get into.  I got in the 3.30 PL HO game, a 5.50 Holdem tournament, a 5.50 7 card stud tournament and a 3.30 rebuy tournament. 

The 5.50 holdem game was my first loss.  The other 3 games were going well and it was looking to be a late night again.  I had accidentally gotten in the stud game thinking it was a holdem game.  I started out in fire in it maintaining a top 5 stack until we reached the final table.  I got majorly sucked out on twice by the same player calling down bets until the last card when he would hit just enough to beat me.  I finished 6th in that game for a little more than double my entry.  I should have won that game.

In the 3.30 rebuy game I could never get anything going.  I was winning enough pots to keep me alive but when we got down to 3 left to the money I was severely short stacked with 4 bb's.  The bb was to me next so when I saw KQ suited I thought there wouldn't be a better time to shove.  Big blind had KK and knocked me out 3 from the money.  It was 22.00 just to make it to the money.  I don't know if I would have made it had I waited any longer, I probably would have.

The 3.30 PL HO was good to me again.  I managed to sneak into the money and make it all the way to 4th place before I busted out. 

It wasn't a real profitable night as I only made 4.00.  A little deeper run in any of the tournaments would have helped out tremendously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment