Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Feeling Burned Out on Poker

The boys are at my parents this week.  We still have the baby, so we are still limited on what we can do.  The boys are actually easy to take care of now, and here we are with a little girl that needs constant eyes on her. 

It would be nice to sneak out for a dinner somewhere while the boys are out.  I cooked a full meal last night and it just seemed wierd to be cooking a meal without them there to eat it.

This would be a great week to get in a load of poker.  I'm just not feeling it.  I played a little last night and couldn't get into the games at all.  Should I go to see a doctor?  This isn't normal.  I have had a craving to play for the past however many years.  Now I have no idea what I want to do.  Poker is what I do.  It's been my past time since 2004. 

I don't want to be burned out.  I was rocking the tables before we went on vacation.  I was finally getting somewhere.  If I'm not feeling it, I can't play.  I have to be ready to sit there for hours on the same game and if I can't do that I'll just be giving money away.

Goals keep me focused and playing hard.  I don't have any goals right now.  Studying keeps my mind open and keeps me wanting to try new things.  I have a new cardplayer magazine I haven't touched yet.  It may be time to read that until I get that fire burning again.

Maybe it's my new position.  Maybe I have finally gotten to a comfort zone in my financial needs.  If so I better find something to do before I drive my wife nuts. 

More than likely it's going to be a short phase.  I bet when I put together a plan and start reading some card player, I will be back to wanting to play as much as I can again.

I can still feel a little burning deep down.  It's just not raging out of control like it usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment