Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vegas Trip Booked

Maybe I was too anxious to play.  Maybe it just wasn't my night.  I made it from 12 players down to 6 before I busted out of the tournament with A3 suited in the BB losing to K10o as he spiked a 9 on the river to get a straight.  I had enough chips to cover the small blind and ante the next hand if I didn't want to call all in with that hand.

The blinds increased rapidly after the first 2 hours.  With the ante's and blinds out there you can triple up just by winning a hand.  Everybody plays short stack at that point and it's not a long waiting game for players to go out and the others to reach the money with blind jumps from 200-400 before the break to 500-1000, then 1000-2000 with a 500 chip ante.  Starting stack was 5000. 

You have time to play early on, but really need to be trying to get 1 or 2 people's stacks in order to play stay alive longer after the break. 

The first couple of weeks I played it was a small game with 6 - 8 players.  It is getting bigger now and will take a little more strategy to win, as well as some good cards. 

I'm starting to figure out each players styles and have been playing really loose myself which should work out well for me the next couple of weeks when I start to use that against several of the players who have noticed.

After the game, I got home and booked my flight and hotel at the Riviera in Las Vegas, Oct 2nd - 6th.  I have gotten in my Southwest Credit Card and have started using that so that I can get my free rewads points towards several free flights to Las Vegas.  I booked my trip on the card and upgraded my antiquated flip top cell phone to an I phone 5 on the card.  We also ordered my wifes contacts on the card.  We are 1/3 of the way to getting our 3000.00 spent in the first day of a 3 month period. 

We were waiting to purchase these until we got the card.  They were items we were going to get anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment