Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ran Out of Oomph

Tonight I should have been packing for vacation but poker pulled me in again.  I loaded up 4 tournaments, a 2.20 badugi, the 2.20 100.00 guaranteed, the 3.30 PL HO, and a 5.50 1000.00 guaranteed.

I was running o.k. in all but the badugi tournament.  I soon lost that, and eventually got taken out in the 5.50 game.

I had a good run in the 3.30 game and the 100.00 guaranteed, finishing 4th in the 3.30 for 16.00 and 2nd in the 100.00 guaranteed for 28.00.  I started getting tired in the 100.00 guaranteed and pulled off a masterfull bluff on a 3 diamond board.  I bet the flop turn and put him all in as a 4th diamond fell on the river.  He must have been done because he called the last half of his stack with a mid pair with no diamonds.

After that I started to rebuild my stack when the board flopped 3 spades out on the flop.  I had Ko10s.  I thought about the hand earlier and bet pot.  He went all in this time.  I recklessly called.  He showed As Rag.  An ace hit on the flop and the game was over.  He knew how I played almost the exact same hand earlier and knew I would bite.  I should have been thinking more clearly and I could have avoided that situation.  I guess I ran out of oomph and was done.

1 comment:

  1. "Tonight I should have been packing for vacation but poker pulled me in again. I loaded up 4 tournaments, a 2.20 badugi, the 2.20 100.00 guaranteed, the 3.30 PL HO, and a 5.50 1000.00 guaranteed."

    This was really funny. I could have made this same type of post many times a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete