Thursday, August 22, 2013

Weight Loss Time

Yesterday I weighed in on the scale at home to see what my actual weight was.  I was guessing about 222.  I had been hovering around the 220 mark for about a year after I had dropped 25 pounds a couple summers ago.  I was happy to see I was not too far off the mark at 223.6 pounds.  That's still 17 pounds from where I had been 2 years ago. 

It's time to get active again to get fit.  There are a couple reasons for this.  First, Grrouchie suggested a friendly competition to see who could get smaller by the time I leave for Vegas.  As a gambler I feel compelled to win this one.  He has the motivation and the fact that he has been doing this for a while going for him.

I will just be starting out and need to dig down deep for motivation.  I feel so tired when I get off from work, that I don't want to move.  In the morning I am getting kids ready. 

I need to find a route to run that dogs will not bite me.  I have been down several different roads in the evening and every time I have had a dog run up to me aggressively.  The high school track is nice but I don't like to drive to go run.  I would like to take off and end at the house.

The second reason I am wanting to get in shape is to run in the labor day 5K in town.  I have to beat my previous time from 2 years ago.  I ran all summer preparing last time but ended up running the entire thing with my wife.  This time I will run to beat my previous time. 

My ultimate goal is to lose 13.6 pounds by October 1st.  That's almost 3 pounds a week.  If I hit it hard I should be able to drop 6 in the first week and 1.9 pounds each of the following weeks.   I am planning on achieving this by running and cutting down on my food intake as well as cutting back on the beer. 

I'm going to be sore the first few days as I am completely out of shape.  If I get down to 210 I will be the lightest I have been in years.

2 comments:

  1. Fatigue is one of my main enemies. I am a night person, but by the time I get home from work at certain times of the year I am just exhausted. In fact, I will be getting in a night walk shortly after I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I was sitting at about 221.6.
    The exact number is fuzzy because this was 4:30 in the morning as I was about tho shower and head to work.

    No matter the end results, my belly wins as I'm getting a delicious hamburger. Now it's a matter of my wallet winning or losing!

    Good luck! (yer gonna need it)
    Woah - I just trash talked.
    Hi-Five!

    ReplyDelete