Thursday, August 29, 2013

Volleyball Fun

We had a couple nieces come over to watch the kids while we went to play volleyball last night.  The gym's temperature was 82 degrees.  It felt like we were playing in a Sauna.  If I'm going to play in that type of heat I'd prefer to be in the sand with a beer close by.

It was fun getting back into volleyball.  We didn't keep score.  We didn't get competitive.  We just volleyed.  It was a good practice as several of us may be playing in the sand volleyball tournament this weekend.  I am not sure if I am on a team or not.  I was called a day ago and asked if I wanted to play.  They needed to find a couple more players.  I'm not sure if that has happened yet.

If not, I may just show up at the court and see if anybody needs an extra player. 

After volleyball, I worked on the alphabet with my youngest son, while my wife went over sight words with my oldest son.  Then I read some learning to read books with my youngest son.

When the boys went to bed I pulled out the laptop and fired up some full ring NL for a half hour of play.  A half hour is a ridiculously short amount of time to play.  I got lucky and made a few dollars, It could have been more, but I was trying to force something to happen and ran into a couple of hands.

While I was logged on, I checked my friends list to see who was playing.  I saw one buddy doing well in a 60.00 tournament.  That pulled me back in.  I wanted to be playing deep in a tournament.

It was time for bed so I shut down the computer.  I read a little card player magazine before I fell asleep.  Tonight I may have to fire up a couple tournaments.  I'm thinking the 2.20 100.00 guaranteed and the 3.30 PL HO.

No comments:

Post a Comment