Friday, April 19, 2013

All But Debt Free

The last 2 nights I was able to play a little bit of poker.  The first night was around 120 hands for 1.00 profit and last night was 350 hands for 2.50 profit. 

I could have gotten in several hundred more hands as I am only playing when I have time to play now.  I quit early because I did not feel that I would end any better than that for the 2 nights, and if I didn't need to put in a long night to get those numbers I could just take the win and relax the rest of the evening.

Last night we drove 25 minutes to have a soccer game in 42 degree weather with 25 mph winds.  We got there and the other team did not have enough players to play so we got to come back home early. 

Tonight we will have 6 of my sister in law's kids until they get home from a track meet.  Saturday we have 4 soccer games between my 2 boys. 

I was thinking of driving 4 hours to my parents to pick up my riding mower, but I think I'll be ready for a restfull stay at home. 

Next Saturday will be the end of soccer.  I'm not sure how long I have after that before T-ball and Machine Pitch start up.  I won't be coaching either of those, I hope.  I think those games are all in town, so I don't mind going to those, plus I won't have the stress of trying to get everybody equal playing time and winning at the same time that I have had with soccer.

On a good note, I am all but debt free again.  I made a large payment on my truck with our tax return.  I could have paid it completely off, but I had purchased it on a low interest personal line of credit.  I left a little bit on there to show I have active revolving credit.  My payment will be like 50.00 for another 12 months with very little interest.

I had been making very large payments to have it paid off a year and a half after I bought it.  That money will now be going into savings.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Having debt is really stressful, but paying it all off is one huge achievement in any one's life. I think having a savings account is a good way to monitor our finances and avoid overspending. Anyway, it looks like you are having a great time and I hope it continues. :)

    >>Jaden Allred

    ReplyDelete