Thursday, April 11, 2013

Don't Play When I'm Short On Time

I learned a painful valuable lesson yesterday.  Don't play when I'm short on time.  It doesn't work with my style of play now.  When I play I am playing to make money over the course of the whole session, not in a hand or two. 

Yesterday we had a 2 hour delay at school so I thought that meant to play some poker.  First there were only 3 tables running.  Bad sign.  Second, after I got the kids ready for school there was not a lot of time.  Third, I had no stats on the players I was playing.  I figured out quickly that most of the players were horrible at that time of the morning, gambling and not paying attention.  They got paid by me several times as they hit on hands I would not even consider playing, let alone raising out of position, and calling a 3 bet.

Last night I decided to get back on and see what I could get back by playing patiently and correctly.  It was the most rollercoaster night I have ever had.  Up and Down and Up and Down.  My goal was if I was up by 2 buy ins, I would call it a night.  I got close about 10 times over 1000 hands but never could cross over.  Every time I was a dollar or two away I would get chased down or just plain beat. 

It was getting close to end time for me and I was up over a buy in for the session so I called it a night.

Tonight, I start getting ready for the bachelor party weekend at Grand Lake, Oklahoma.  I have to hook up the boat and get all of my gear packed for the weekend.  Tomorrow I will head out around 6:15 in the morning to make the 7 hour drive.

Next week I will work Monday, be off Tuesday due to no babysitter, work Wednesday, then Thursday and Friday I will be taking off again to go looking for storms. 

This is going to be like a vacation with a little work thrown in.

2 comments:

  1. Next post: definitely bachelor party details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok 6 days no updates..... where the hell are you??? What did you do get yourself locked up? Well hell man, pay the bail money already and get back to business, lmao.

    ReplyDelete