Monday, April 1, 2013

Rested and Refreshed

I was expecting to take Friday off and have a 3 day weekend.  With work being so hectic last week, that was not going to happen.  Instead I ended up getting off work to late on Friday to head North.  I stayed home and played poker and packed instead.  I got in close to 700 hands and made a half a buy in. 

I've got to have major self control to continue to play NL profitably.  If I make 1 big mistake it will cost me a profit for the night.  So far each month so far of playing NL has ended in a loss.  I still think I can make a profit at the game.  It is also helping me in tournaments and sng's by learning what I am at NL.

Saturday morning I got up and drove 4 hours North to meet the Pastor that was baptising our daughter on Sunday.  He asked us several questions about what we thought baptism was and why we wanted to have our daughter baptized.  Then he went over scripture on baptism explaining what his beliefs were.

It was very informational and way more than I was expecting.  I'm glad he took the time to go through it all with us as it gave us a better understanding of what we were doing and our responsibilities as parents.

After meeting with him, we went back to Mother in Law's house.  Everybody was outside enjoying the weather, hitting golf balls and grilling.  Dad came by and picked me up to head to the lake.

We fished for a few hours with no success and headed back into town to visit my Grandmother, cousins, aunt, and uncle. 

When we got back to my Mother in Law's, I was wiped out. 

The next morning we had the baptism during Easter Sunday church service.  It was a long service but I always enjoy church there.  It seems like the Sermon's stick with me for a long time after I go there.  The Pastor is great at conveying the message.

After church I met up with my parents and headed to another lake that we can usually catch fish at.  This time was different.  Maybe the weather was too nice.  I had 1 fish on and all the way to bank before it got off and swam away.  That was my only bite of the day.

My parents took off at a reasonable time and I drove around checking new places out for a while too long.  I didn't get home until late last night.

I feel rested and refreshed after a crazy week last week.

Tonight we may have soccer games.  It's cold windy and rainy outside.  I'm hoping they get cancelled as nobody should have to be out in this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment