Sunday, April 21, 2013

Good 5 Days.

For the second time this month I am above break even for the month.  The first time was the first day of the month.  Then I went on a 6 day losing streak that has been tough to come back from.  Four out of the last 5 days have been winning days.  The day I lost was .02 so I count that as a win with the number of hands I played.

Today I played 750 hands for a profit of 4.68.  I was down by a half a buy in within the first 100 hands.  I worked my way out of the whole within the next 100 hands and then had a set over set situation where I had K's and he had 7's for a full stack.  I gradually lost chips for the next several hundred hands until I ran into a guy that was playing really aggressive when I bet. 

Too bad for him I had the goods each time.  My final hand before he left the table was AA.  I did a standard raise, knowing that the 3-bet was coming.  I 4-bet and he went all in this time.  He held 8s9s.  The board did not help him and the Aces were good.

I played another 100 hands.  I wasn't getting any more cards so I called it a night. 


2 comments:

  1. Nice session, now let's get you started on a nice little heater and close out the month with some profits for you. I did have a question for you and we may have a little poker debate depending on your answer remembering of course I'm a freakin 6 max nit lol.

    Your post on April 2oth the one titled "Near Above Break Even" you stated the following:

    Then I hit trip K's in the small blind, only to be out kicked by the big blind.

    In that hand what was your kicker? Was your hand suited? And what are the hands with a king that you complete the small blind in. Was this a blind vs blind situation? The reason I ask is that the lowest I go is K9. K8 and lower, suited or not in the small blind is in the muck unless it is suited and I am getting a minimum 6-1 pot odds to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a KJ offsuit. It was a blind vs blind situation.

    ReplyDelete