Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sucker Punched by Pocket Kings

This is hail from our storm last night.

Last night I got to go follow some storms around with my son.  We saw some pretty awesome phenomena in the little bit of time we drove around.  We saw a 1/2 mile wide path of hail that was 6 inches deep.  Fog was lifting off the hail and sucking into the storm following the one that dropped the hail.  The cloud formations were awesome.  Then as we were coming into town we saw a cloud that was being blown so hard it was mushroomed out.  He got some good video on his recorder and I got a few pictures.

Tonight was another losing night.  I lost 2.58 in 1200 hands.  I lost a big one with AA vs KK all in preflop.  I was doing well on 1 table and had doubled my buy in.  This guy raises before me and I three bet.  He goes all in for 6.00.  I called.  The King fell on the flop.

Instead of doing what I used to do and play all fanatical for a while, I continued to play normally.  I had a few more losing battles where my cards did not hold up, so I feel pretty fortunate to only be down 2.58.  One of these days I will win with the best hand and be up 15.00.  I play a lot of hands waiting on that situation and it stings when I lose.  I know it doesn't happen often, but it seems to happen a lot when my stack is bigger.

2 comments:

  1. Do you feel that when you have a double stack you are less hesitant to push your edges or do you in any way hold back because you don't want to lose what you managed to accumulate. If that is the case perhaps you would be better off leaving a table once you double your buy-in and choose a new fresh table. If not, then carry on playa lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it used to affect me more than it does now. I may be a little big stack happy every once in a while. It hasn't been as bad since I quit playing sng's and tournaments. Now my bets are portioned to pot size. It wouldn't matter if I had a full stack or a double stack. My bet sizes are going to be the same. Unless I get somebody all in pre when I have Aces. Then I want the bigger stack.

    ReplyDelete