Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lots of Hands This Weekend

This weekend I played way too many hands of poker.  Saturday I was doing good after a couple thousand hands.  Then crap hit the fan and the next 10 big hands that I played got beat.  I had my first 5 way all in on a table.  I held pocket Kings pre-flop.  The guy that had 10 7 off suit won the hand with a straight on the RIVER.  It was pretty exciting and was a huge pot.  I got a little bit of it back as I had a bigger stack, but not as much as I started the hand with.

With all those losses I went from 3 buy ins up to 3 buy ins down.  I took my mandatory breaks, but each time I got back on the players were worse.  The tables were filled with gamblers and they would call with anything, my hands just wouldn't hold up.  It seemed like an ideal situation, but Lock gives lots of love to the donkeys.  I finally quit playing after my 6 buy in swing for the worse.

Today I didn't play as much.  After 400 hands I was up close to 3 buy ins so I called it a day.  I had other things I needed to do like mow the yard.

This evening we met up with my wife's sister and brother in law and played tennis.  The weather was finally nice and felt like spring.  It was fun, but you don't realize how out of shape you are until you do something like that.  My wife and I are barely able to move around the house now.

After all my play this weekend I am back to where I started before this weekend started.

3 comments:

  1. Is your name on Merge lilbigtime or was I talking to a wrong person yesterday lol. You told me once before but if that's not your screenname then I have forgotten it. If its not that what is it because that person is listed as a friend of mine on Merge and I thought it was you. Just want to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lilbigtime on Merge. It kept registering me to your tables so I would close them out. I didn't want to invade your pokerspace. Especially since I knew I was going to be playing like a moron, on purpose. I didn't see you talking to me yesterday or I would have talked back.

    It's been over a month since I got on Merge. I lost all of my points again on there, from lack of play. I was on there to goof around and play less than optimal. I wanted to pull some crazy bluffs, and call down people that I didn't think had the hand with marginal holdings. Things I don't want to do with my regular bankroll. If you were watching, that's not how I've been playing lately.

    It didn't work for me moneywise, but I did have fun. I lost 10.00. I left my bankroll on Merge when I moved to Lock so I can get on there and play tournaments and goof around a little without it affecting my actual LOCK bankroll.

    I still like Carbon better than Lock, I wish they wouldn't have taken away rakeback and all of my points - twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then get back on Carbon. With the points for cash exchange it is just like rakeback depending on your VIP level.

    Earth: 8.0%
    Wind: 10.0%
    Fire: 14.0%
    Water: 19.0%
    Ether: 25.0%

    With your volume I would imagine you could achieve Fire and 14%. Perhaps your getting better than that on Lock, but I have been hearing stirrings about Lock poker, nothing definite, just a bit of discontent in the wind, and since you like Carbon better anyway, it might be the best course to play at Carbon.

    ReplyDelete