Saturday, April 6, 2013

What Do I Do In This Situation - Hand History

Here is a hand in tonight's session that I am unsure how to play correctly.  Villain was on the button and had a 35% VPIP, 14% PFR, 50 Flop AFq, 50 Turn AFq, 0 3 bet.  I have played against him less than 100 hands.

Hand#3289019869000245 - Rome (6-max) 19869 -- $0.02/$0.04 NL Hold'em -- 2013/04/06 - 23:23:33
Dealer: Seat 10
Seat 1: hero ($4.16 in chips)
Seat 2: ($7.42 in chips)
Seat 3:  ($5.17 in chips)
Seat 8:  ($1.32 in chips)
Seat 9:  ($2.33 in chips)
Seat 10: villain ($3.72 in chips)
hero: posts small blind $0.02
Seat 2: posts big blind $0.04
Dealt to hero [Qh,Qc]
Seat 2: folds
Seat 3: calls $0.04
Seat 4: calls $0.04
Villain: raises to $0.16
hero: raises to $0.60
Seat 3: folds
Seat 4: folds
madchen: folds
wtflan87: calls $0.44
*** FLOP *** [Kh,8d,3s]
Hero: bets $0.66
Villain: is all in $3.12
Hero: folds
Villain: returns uncalled bet $2.46
***SHOW DOWN***
Villain: mucks
Villain wins $2.47

Should have I 3 bet him?  Should I have bet on the flop, if so, how much?  Or should have I checked, with the assumption that he was going to bet due to his 50 Flop AFq?

5 comments:

  1. Fold preflop. The guy has a 3 bet of 0 you say less than 100 hands you do not say less than 50 or less than 60 so I will assume you have 70 or 80 hands on him. He has never 3 bet never!!! this is screaming AA, KK, or AK to me and even if you think AK do you want to enter a hand where you are risking a total of 15 big blinds on a coin flip where 1 out of 3 times there will be either an A or a king on the flop to say nothing of the turn or river.

    So let's assume you say "Flush your crazy, I am at the very least going to set mine this." Ok, there is a king on the flop..... remember he has a 3bet of 0. Remember the rule of set mining, "no set no bet" your firing into this..... why? Use the information your HUD is giving you. Take the information it is screaming at you and don't ignore it. You had to put him on at least AK minimum didn't you?

    Run a filter on what happens when you call 3 bets preflop. I would bet you will find QQ to be a losing scenario and that only AA, KK, and AK to be solid winners.

    Note: If this guy had a 3 bet of 8 or higher I would shove all-in preflop Less than 4 I am folding QQ against him everyday and twice on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was the initial raiser. I was the one that three bet. Now that I look at the hand, there were 2 callers ahead of him, before he raised. That does say he should have something. Do I still fold here if he was the initial raiser, not the 3 bettor?

    I think I should at minumum call to see the flop for 3 BB. 3 betting may not have been the right move, especially a pot size 3-bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for crying out loud I totally misread the hand history. What a doofus I am. Ok now that I have reread it correctly you played it textbook. You have to bet the flop IMO just as you did. The only difference I would have made is I would have bet 2/3rds pot instead of half pot as you did if my adding is right you did a half pot bet on the flop. Doubt it would have made a difference. Well played hand. You did what you had to.

    However even though I did misread the hand originally it does bring up a good question. Suppose you WERE the original raiser and he in fact 3 bet you to 60 cents....... what would you have done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I read your comments, I would fold of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you still do a continuation bet. I know it would be pot size.

    ReplyDelete