Saturday, April 6, 2013

Soccer Boat Tornadoes and a UFO Sighting

What?

Today was a great day to be outside, so that's what I did, all day.  Soccer was first on the agenda this morning as both boys had games.  The game I was coaching was against the other town team, and is a pretty big deal around here. 

We started out down 2-0 in the first couple minutes of the game.  Everybody had to have thought, "Oh Crap, this guy doesn't know the first thing about coaching."  I made some quick changes in the lineup as it was an important game!  We went on a 4-0 run.  They scored 1 more goal toward the end of the game but we came out on top again.  The kids were really excited as they didn't think we could beat the other team before the game started. 

My younger son's team won as well.  We have some work to do with him.  He went to his spot the coach had told him to stand and it was like an act of congress to get him to move from that spot.  I worked with him at half to move with the ball.  Hopefully it helped.  I had to leave right after that to get ready for the other game.

After soccer I came home and pulled the boat out of the garage to wash it and get it ready for next weekend.  It took a while to get it to fire up.  It always does the first time in spring.  Once it starts that first time it's been good for the rest of the season.  I bought some seafoam to put in with the new gas when I fill it up.  It's supposed to help clean the gunk that has built up in the engine.  I got a recommendation from a couple marine mechanics to put it in to clean up the mess that ethanol has done to my motor.

It was so nice out I cleaned up the garage and then decided to spread weed n feed on our yard.  We are expecting some rain Monday and Tuesday to wash the fertilizer in.  It sounds like it could be pretty severe storms and they are predicting a tornado outbreak in our area.

I stayed outside into the evening.  After dark around 9:30 I saw a strange red glow in the sky.  I was on the phone with Mom so I asked her to go outside and see if she saw it where they are at 4 hours away.  I thought it might be a planet.  Then it moved.  First one way, then another.  Just like that it shot off and disappeared. 

A few minutes later I was talking to Dad about a bow that I am thinking about purchasing.  The red glow came back, quite a ways away from where I had originally seen it.  This time my neighbor was walking by and noticed it.  He called me over.  I told him what I had seen just a few minutes earlier.  We watched as it was getting closer to us.  Then it started getting further away again.  It started kind of flickering.  All of a sudden it started getting closer to the ground.  As it did the red glow was not as bright but it got increasingly larger until it got so low we couldn't see it anymore.  It came down fast.

My neighbor said he's never seen anything like it in the 61 years he's been alive.

We kept watching the sky but never saw it come back up.

After that I came inside to play some poker.  I got in 836 hands for a loss of .27.  I am feeling pretty good about my play right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment