Monday, April 8, 2013

When Will I Listen To FlushDraww

I did.  I was doing good.  Way better than expected.  I was up over 3 buy ins and calling it a night.  The last hand came up and I had QQ.  I get 3 bet from a solid player.  He has a 3 bet of 8 but I knew an AA KK were a good portion of that but only about 50% of his 3 bets.  He also had a lot of A high in his stats.  I did what any good moron would do and called out of position.  Needless to say his KK was good and I lost half my stack to him.

Other than that I ran exceptionally good and ended up over 2 bb's up over 800 hands.  I lowered my starting hand range, really payed attention to stats and played position all the time.  Besides the last hand.  I was greedy.  Flush may just drive down here and whop me upside the head, but besides the one hand I played a nearly flawless game. 

I made 1 questionable fold with a JJ.  It was probably the right play but thought I would ask how you would have played it. 

Hand#3291019858000406 - Rome (6-max) 19858 -- $0.02/$0.04 NL Hold'em -- 2013/04/08 - 23:38:13
Dealer: Seat 2
Seat 1:  ($4 in chips)
Seat 2:  ($5.90 in chips)
Seat 3:  ($4.37 in chips)
Seat 8:  ($8.62 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero ($3.93 in chips)
Seat 10: ($3.93 in chips)
Seat 3: posts small blind $0.02
Seat 8: posts big blind $0.04
Dealt to Hero [Js,Jd]
Hero: raises to $0.14
Everyone folds
Seat 3: raises to $1.52
Hero: folds

Villain had a 37% VPIP, PR 11, 3B 18, Flop AFq 57, Turn AFq 57, CB 100.  3 bet range after 122 hands is KK, 33, A10o, J7o


2 comments:

  1. You stated in your blog post:

    "I get 3 bet from a solid player. He has a 3 bet of 8 but I knew an AA KK were a good portion of that but only about 50% of his 3 bets. He also had a lot of A high in his stats. "

    Remember, a solid player with a 3 bet of 8 who has a\some ace high hands in his range will be 3 betting not only in position but also the blinds against a late position raise aka a blind steal. If you had raised with your QQ in the CO or on the button and he 3 bets I am going to either flat him or shove, however if your raise came from early position and he 3 bets then yes I am folding the QQ based on the fact you stated he was a solid player.

    As for the JJ hand 3 bet of 18??? and his range includes 33 and J7o? Oh yeah, I am calling or better yet shoving over the top every time and if I lose, I lose and can do so knowing I made the exact right move. But there is an exception and your answer to my next question decides if the exception comes into play. He raised to $1.52. That is a huge 3 bet preflop raise. Was this typical for him? If this large size was not his norm I would fold the JJ because I have seen so many people do the extra large raise with KK. If this was his normal style of 3 betting preflop I would have went all-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see him do it any other time on that table. If I had I would have called in a heartbeat. I'm not sure how he raised the others as it was in a previous game. I had a lack of info.

    ReplyDelete