Monday, April 29, 2013

Experimentatious. Is That A Word? It Sounds Like A Spell From Harry Potter

When I play online, it seems like all of my tables are hitting at once and when they cool off, they are all cold for a long time.  One table may do differently than the rest but the others are usually the same.  I've never played multiple tables live before so I don't have anything to compare it to.  It just seems to happen that way every day.

It also seems that the hands you win with during the beginning of a session will all lose later in the session.  The software seems to favor the grinders for a while, then favor the donks for a while.

Yesterday I decided to play in whatever style was winning at the time.  During the donk time I did better than during the tight aggressive time, but I could definately see a shift on what was winning throughout the session.  It didn't seem very random. 

It was a very small sample size of 400 hands from yesterday but I ended up being up by 3 buy ins at the end of the session. 

Maybe there's something to it, maybe not.  I'm just a pattern seeker and sometimes what I see is not a pattern at all.  There is probably something more to this than just a pattern and maybe the pattern has nothing to do with the software.  Maybe by switching up my style in the middle of a session I am throwing the other players off.  Maybe in live cards I should play similarly.  Play the style that is winning at the time. 

Maybe I'm just a donk at heart and should play donk poker, I'm pretty good at it.  The hands that I pick to donk with aren't that bad of starting hands, if you can get in the hand inexpensively, with multiple players in the hand.  I usually try to get in below the other players range and draw out on them postflop.  I hate players like me.

More than likely if I tried the same technique again, I'd lose.  I just felt experimentatious yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment